Is Cash4Gold A Scam?

There is some debate (mainly Cash4Gold is debating) whether Cash4Gold is a scam or not. Allow me to simply provide some information that I've found which may provide insight into these allegations. Besides a few entertaining commercials, this is the information that dominates this company when you search for it:

Top Google Searches:

Top Yahoo Searches:

At The BBB they have a C rating (as of this writing) which you can view here: here. Here is a snap shot of their current complaint record:



Allow me to top this article off with some complaints which fall eerily in line with the "10 Confession of an Ex-Employee" article that Cash4Gold is currently trying to fight and remove from http://Consumerist.com:

All Below Complaints Are From http://TrustLink.org and Can Be Viewed Here.

"This company is a big scam. I was not satisfied with the offer made for the items I sent so I returned the check and emailed them to return my jewellery. I got a letter in the mail a few days later informing me that they sold my jewellery to a third party because I did not contact them within 12 days of the check date letting them know I wanted it back. First of all I received the check 7 days after the date on the check so it would be unrealistic for me to get it back to them in that time frame. I was not informed about this and currently have a lawyer checking into it. I would not suggest anyone use their services. "
- If you view the 10 confessions article, it is mentioned that the check is dated, but they wait to send it out so that you can't reply in time, hmm.

"I sent in approximately 15.5 ounces of gold jewelry to Cash 4 Gold and even with their advanced tracking system, they are saying they did not get my package of gold. They want to settle with me for $100. I am very dissatisfied. I just want my gold back. These are not honest people and this dishonest company should be put out of business."
-
The 10 Confessions article mentions that sometimes packages "go missing" and they will only pay you what insured... Why, that seems like this is what this person is going through! But I can't make that claim, it could just be coincidence.

Now, I am not making any claims as to the class of business that Cash4Gold is. All of the information that you see here has been gathered from various outside sources and put together for you to view. Only you can decide whether you'd do business with Cash4Gold or not. I can only point out that there appears to be consistency in many claims being made.

3 comments:

Timothy said...

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the Elephant. I agree that people need to look around before selling. It's just sad to see how many people are getting ripped off by these guys, all because they've got enough money to run TV Ads.

-Debris

Anonymous said...

Hi Debris,

Thought you might be interested in a follow up for your readers with an investigative report from the Today Show. http://money.aol.com/article/nbc-today-show-investigative-report/629833

Timothy said...

Thanks mhorta! I'll be sure to check it out!

-Debris

Post a Comment