Free Checking Is A Perk?

I found this to be quite entertaining. In this day and age, banks are still trying to cart around the same old, tired products as perks. Earth to banks: It's our money in those accounts, and Credit Unions understand that. My credit union does not pedal their free checking around as a perk, they consider it a standard. The archaic banking institutions cannot seem to grasp this concept because they think in terms of fees. Here's my message to the banks: If you want to charge money for checking, then I'll take the money out of the account and get it where it needs to be myself. I do not NEED a bank to move my money for me, and if they feel they NEED to be paid for this service, then I feel my money NEEDS to be elsewhere.

http://moneyfeatures.blogs.money.cnn.com/2009/07/02/is-free-checking-on-its-way-out/

0 comments:

Post a Comment